Fall 2017 Internships
We are looking for interns who are passionate about music and interested in a career in the music industry.
As an intern, you will learn the ins and outs of the marketing side of the music industry and PR. This is a hands-on internship to gain real experience.
We would like a three-month, 2 -3 days a week commitment, minimum 12 hours, with a August 2017 start date. The internship is unpaid (college credit available) – and many perks including free music, entry to shows and a transportation stipend.
Publicity Intern responsibilities include: working closely with publicists to write promotional/press ready copy, pitch media outlets, mail press packages, construct press kits, compile media lists, press searches, updating website, and much more.
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year college
- Must have own source of transportation
- Passion for music
- Willingness to learn the music industry
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding social media including: popular online community websites, blogs, and social networks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Include in your cover letter the last three:
- Music concerts/shows you attended
- Albums you bought/downloaded/streamed or just enjoyed
- Music magazines/blogs you read
Please send a cover letter on why you think you’re a fit and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 7, 2017.